Search This Blog

Monday, March 31, 2014

Review: Confessions of a Paris Party Girl by Vicki Lesage

Confessions of a Paris Party Girl
by Vicki Lesage

Genre: Autobiography, Chick Lit, Humor
Publication: January 2014
Format: kindle
Source: ARC
Connect: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads
Wine, romance, and French bureaucracy - the ups and downs of an American's life in Paris. This laugh-out-loud memoir is almost too funny to be true!

Drinking too much bubbly. Meeting sappy Frenchmen who have girlfriends or are creeps or both. Encountering problème after problème with French bureaucracy. When newly-single party girl Vicki moved to Paris, she was hoping to taste wine, stuff her face with croissants, and maybe fall in love.

In her first book, this long-time blogger and semi-professional drinker recounts the ups and downs of her life in Paris. Full of sass, shamefully honest admissions, and situations that seem too absurd to be true, Vicki makes you feel as if you're stumbling along the cobblestones with her.

Will she find love? Will she learn to consume reasonable amounts of alcohol? Will the French administration ever cut her a break?

If you're looking forward to read something light and funny, or if you enjoy books with Paris setting, this would be the perfect book for you. Confessions of a Paris Party Girl was a memoir of Vicky in her early years in Paris after she decided to move to Paris to have a lot of parties.

I was actually worried to read this. I was afraid that I wouldn't like it as I don't read a lot of memoirs (and I don't party a lot). But once I started reading Confessions of a Paris Party Girl, I found that it was very hard to put down. It was very interesting to read Vicky’s adventure—how she survived Paris and the French system. Her adventures are mostly hilarious. 

This book was definitely a very fun read. There was a lot of laugh-out-loud moment and reading this book will probably make you want to visit Paris or wish that you will someday fall in love with a Frenchman. I absolutely love Vicky’s writing style and her voice. For a moment, I've forgotten that I was reading a memoir. Vicky was a very good writer and I'm looking forward to read more of her work.

I received a copy of this book from the author to provide an honest review.


Bio:

Vicki Lesage is an IT Director by day, writer by night. And a full-time nerd. She loves fondue, wine, math, and zombies. She lives in Paris with her French husband and rambunctious son.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great review! I really appreciate you taking the time to read my book and share your honest opinion with your readers. Hope they enjoy it as well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...